||Bologna Health Jobs have new exciting opportunities for Consultants in General Internal Medicine for an important HSE hospital in the South of Ireland with a possibility to become permanent in a short period of time.
The role of a General Internal Medicine Consultant carries a significant amount of responsibility and they are a vital member of the Medical ward. As the specialist individual whose duty it is to ensure patients receive the best possible care, it is a challenging but rewarding post. The work of a consultant goes beyond caring directly for patients, they are often leaders of the multidisciplinary team and are heavily involved in the training and development of junior doctors and students.
Salary and working hours:
- Salary will go from 126789€ to 166473€ (gross annual salary depending on your experience) for a 39 hour week. On top of this you can get up to 22000€ more on on-calls and 3856€ on rota allowance. You are also eligible to do up to 20% extra work with Private patients in your time at the hospital, typically Irish Consultants earn a lot of extra money in this way (according to the latest data average income is of 180.000€ for Consultant positions in Ireland without counting extra-income from private patients).
Type of contract:
- 1 year contracts to begin with a possibility to become permanent.
- 31 working days per year holidays+10 public holidays
- 7 days study leave for attendance at conferences/seminars
- Up to 3000€/year for educational funding.
- Bologna Health Jobs will help the doctor in many issues to do with the selection process and the incorporation to our Client hospital as could be: going over the CVs to adapt them to the vacancies, help with registering with the Irish Medical Council (IMC), tips and advice before the interviews with the hospitals, help to get your experience recognized in Ireland if you are coming from abroad, help with relocation issues, Tax advice, Career planning in Ireland, etc. In a nutshell we pride ourselves with having long term relationships with the candidates we place so we will help you in everything that we can possibly do so.
-- IMC registration will be a plus, but we will help all candidates to register with the IMC if they haven't started the process. We will also help the candidate with all the paper work necessary to effectively incorporate to the job place.
-- All doctors must be qualified as a specialist in General Internal Medicine in a country of the European Union.
-- Irish or UK experience is recommendable but not essential.
-- High level of proficiency in English (spoken and written). No candidate without fluency in the language will be shortlisted for interview, the minimum level acceptable is a C1 level.
For more information about the above mentioned post please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org