||Bologna Health Jobs has exciting opportunity for a Consultant doctor Paediatrics- for an important HSE hospital located in Dublin area.
The hospital has an Adults and Children's Emergency Department. The busy, modern Emergency Department at the Hospital provides a 24 hour emergency service, 365 days a year with over 80,000 adult and paediatric attendances each year.
We offer specialist paediatric emergency care to children needing emergency medical, trauma or surgical care. We see all children from birth to the eve of their 16th birthday and they treat over 32,000 children each year.
It is one of Ireland’s largest acute teaching hospitals and is one of two main teaching hospitals of Trinity College Dublin - specialising in the training and professional development of staff in areas such as nursing, emergency medicine and surgery, amongst many others. The hospital serves a population of over 1.2 million across seven counties.
For Consultant level applications the following requirements apply:
The role of a Paediatric Consultant carries a significant amount of responsibility and they are a vital member of the Paediatric Department. As the specialist individual whose duty it is to ensure patients receive the best possible care, it is a challenging but rewarding post. The work of a consultant goes beyond caring directly for patients, they are often leaders of the multidisciplinary team and are heavily involved in the training and development of junior doctors and students.
Salary and working hours:
- Salary will go from 128 085 € to 168 177 € (gross annual salary depending on your experience) for a 39 hour week. On top of this you can get up to 22000€ more on on-calls and 3856€ on rota allowance. You are also eligible to do up to 20 % extra work with private patients in your time at the hospital, typically Irish Consultants earn a lot of extra money in this way.
Please note that average salary for a Consultant in Ireland according to HSE statistics is of 180 000 € gross/year + private practice.
Type of contract:
- 1 year/6months contract with a possibility to become permenent .
- 31 working days per year holidays+10 public holidays
- 7 days study leave for attendance at conferences/seminars
- Up to 3000 €/year for educational funding.
- Bologna Health Jobs will help the doctor in many issues to do with the selection process and the incorporation to our Client hospital as could be: going over the CVs to adapt them to the vacancies, help with registering with the Irish Medical Council (IMC), tips and advice before the interviews with the hospitals, help to get your experience recognized in Ireland if you are coming from abroad, help with relocation issues, Tax advice, Career planning in Ireland, etc. In a nutshell we pride ourselves with having long term relationships with the candidates we place so we will help you in everything that we can possibly do so.
-- IMC registration will be a plus, but we will help all candidates to register with the IMC if they haven't started the process. We will also help the candidate with all the paper work necessary to effectively incorporate to the job place.Please note then that in our case it is NOT essential that the candidate should be registered with the Irish Medical Council or in the process of registering if he complies with the rest of the conditions.
-- All doctors must be a specialist in a country of the EU (Europaen Union)
-- Capable of dealing with General Paediatrics and neonatology.
-- Irish or UK experience is recommendable but not essential.
-- High level of proficiency in English (spoken and written). No candidate without fluency in the language will be shortlisted for interview, the minimum level acceptable is a C1 level.
All doctors should have a proficient clinical and technical skills in:
• Lumbar punctures
• Neonatal intubation- including babies <1 500 g
• Neonatal ventilation skills
• Neonatal chest drain insertion
• Neonatal umbilical line insertion
• Long line insertion
Experience in the emergency department as a pediatrician it is essential